Sunday, May 27, 2012

¡Hola Americanos!
Life in Costa Rica is settling in, and I love it!  I am learning to navigate a little with traffic and unmarked streets, but the buses are still a huge mystery to me.  I just try to stay away from taxis.  Hopefully by the end of the week, I will be able to fend for myself a little bit outside of our block.  Unlikely.

Today was wonderful!  Our group joined the Stint team, a few college students, and some older Ticos as well for church this morning at the Cru House.  (The place where the men Stinters live)  That was an awesome experience, and quite a bit like the home church environment I grew up in.  All 30 (or so) of us sat in a circle, sang some bilingual worship songs, and shared stories of God´s work in our past week.  After an hour or so of sharing and translating, we split into groups of four and prayed for each other.  I was struck by the simple love of the Gospel within the group, and the genuine love for one another that each person had.  The congregation was a strong encouragement to our team, and me personally.

Tomorrow we head to UCR for our first day of sharing on campus!  I am a little nervous, but I know that I can speak the truth in love, and God´s hand will be on me, His Spirit guiding my steps and my words!  Please pray for open-hearted Ticos, and for boldness and love to pour from our team!  Pray that God leads us to the right conversations, and that we handle ourselves well!  The language barrier may hold us up personally a little, but the Gospel is not contained into one tongue!  We will proclaim Christ crucified and risen again, and entrust the rest to the able hands of the Father!  I can´t wait to tell you all how it goes!

¡Buenas noches!

I Corinthians 2:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment